OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE 2023
Alton Catfish Classic
- Entry fee is $500 if you preregister at Bluff City Outdoors or by mail; $520 by Credit Card.
- No entry fees will be refunded 30 days prior to event. (No Exceptions)
- Tournament Hours are September 9th, 2023: 6:30 AM to 3:30 PM. Boats must be in weigh in line by 5:00 PM (No exceptions)
- One participant from each team MUST be present for the mandatory meeting to be held at The Flock on September 8th, 2023, beginning at 5:00 PM. The Flock 210 Ridge St. Alton, IL
- Takeoff/Livewell check will be from the Alton Amphitheater @ 4:00 AM
- Trailering Boundaries:
- Once you launch your boat you have no boundaries.
- Any tributaries are allowed if they fall between trailering boundaries.
- Any accessible ramp that allows public launch
- Lock times will be available for Melvin Price dam.
Main Boat Ramp – Alton Marina
Mississippi River – Between Clarksville, MO – Chester, IL (Water Street)
Missouri River - Furthest Upriver Washington, MO (Rennick Riverfront Park)
Illinois River - Furthest North Grafton, IL (Port of Grafton)
- Each boat is allowed 1-3 members. Captain must be 18 years or older. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign release of liability.
- (3) fish limit - Blue Cat, Channel Cat, and Flathead may be weighed. All fish must be alive to weigh in.
- No foul hooked fish will be accepted.
- No dead fish may be weighed.
- All fish must be caught by rod and reel method only. A maximum of 6 rods in use per boat unless state laws are more restrictive. No limit on number of rods in boat.
- No fishing or netting outside the boat.
- No stringer, decoy bags, or snagging allowed.
- All tournament boats must maintain a distance of at least 50 yards between each other while anchored and 50 feet while drifting.
- The use of alcoholic beverages or drugs is prohibited during tournament activities.
- No culling of fish once the boat is loaded on trailer.
- No chumming or baiting of fishing holes or areas in preparation of or during tournaments.
- All state and federal laws will be observed including but not limited to the use of PFD’s and kill switches. PFD’s must be worn by all anglers at takeoff.
- Fishing and boating licenses are the responsibility of team members.
- All contestants are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety, and conservation. No unsportsmanlike conduct will be permitted and will result in disqualification. All decisions by tournament director are final.
- All legal bait (dead or live) may be used.
- Pre fishing: All boats must be off the water by 4:00 PM Friday, September 8th. No fishing or bait fishing is permitted after this time until the start of the tournament.
- Buddy fishing or sharing of information during tournament hours including techniques, baits, location, etc. is strictly prohibited.
- Placing of ALL fish into the weigh totes must be completed with care. No throwing or mishandling will be tolerated.
- All winners are subject to polygraph. Any team having a member who fails or refuses to take the test will be disqualified.
- Alton Catfish Classic reserves the right to add up to an additional 10 teams as promotional giveaways. Boat numbers will be issued in the order entries are received and payment is made.
- Social Media Feeds are allowed and encouraged.
- All protests must be made in writing to the tournament director before the awards ceremony begins.
- Ties: In the event of a tie…big fish weight will be the tiebreaker.
- Liability insurance is the responsibility of boat owners. Proof of insurance must be with the boat being used and must cover all passengers in the boat. Random checks may be conducted. Failure to provide proof of insurance when requested by the tournament director may result in disqualification.
- In case of severe weather, competitors may leave their boat and seek shelter when danger is imminent.
- Entry into this tournament binds you to acceptance of the Waiver/Release for the Alton Catfish Classic.
- Bluff City Outdoors reserves the right to amend or change any rule for safety or any other reason we deem necessary.
- This is a live document. Rules are subject to change without notice.
- Revised 9/2/23