2019 Alton Catfish Classic Rules
- Entry fee is $250 if you preregister by mail; $260 by PayPal or Credit Card. Entry fee at Captain’s Dinner is $275. Preregistration cutoff is 7 days prior to the tournament.
- Each boat is allowed 1-3 members. Captain must be 18 years or older. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign release of liability.
- (3) fish limit - Blue Cat, Channel Cat, and Flathead may be weighed. All fish must be alive to weigh in.
- All fish must be caught by rod and reel method only. A maximum of 6 rods in use per boat unless state laws are more restrictive. No limit on number of rods in boat.
- No fishing or netting outside the boat.
- No stringer, decoy bags, or snagging allowed.
- All tournament boats must maintain a distance of at least 50 yards between each other while anchored and 50 feet while drifting.
- The use of alcoholic beverages or drugs is prohibited during tournament activities.
- No culling of fish at the ramp or weigh in line.
- No chumming or baiting of fishing holes or areas in preparation of or during tournaments.
- All state and federal laws will be observed including but not limited to the use of PFD’s and kill switches.
- Fishing and boating licenses are the responsibility of team members.
- No unsportsmanlike conduct will be permitted and will result in disqualification. All decisions by tournament director are final.
- All live wells and bait wells will be checked before launch. All legal bait (dead or live) may be used.
- No fishing is permitted after the captain’s dinner the night before the tournament.
- All winners are subject to polygraph. Any team having a member who fails or refuses to take the test will be disqualified.
- All protests must be made in writing to the tournament director before the awards ceremony begins.
- Bluff City Outdoors reserves the right to amend or change any rule for safety or any other reason we deem necessary.